buttons

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Raindrops on Roses and Whiskers on Kittens...

Eric took me to Santa Fe to celebrate my birthday this weekend. It was an absolutely lovely trip, and I wish I would've taken more pictures! On our way to lunch at one of the yummiest restaurants ever (The Shed), Eric says, "Hey, sing that song from Sound of Music - the favorite things one. I want to hear it." I suppose that's one of the perks of marrying a singer - music on demand. Lucky for him I lived by The Sound of Music growing up and not only do I know all the words to said song, I know all the words to all the songs (I wanted to be Maria when I grew up - minus the hair. It always bugged me). And so.. I sang it. Eric joined in and we had a Sound of Music sing along in the car on the way to birthday lunch. Seriously? Yes. Seriously.

That story, however, is not the point of this post. Sharing with you some of my favorite things is. Yay!

I know this makes me look like a giant hippie but I'm in love with these shoes. They were everywhere in Italy and at first I thought all Italians were all giant hippies, but the longer we were there the more they grew on me, and now, I really want some. 

My friend Bo posted a link to this amazing website (which I can't believe I'd never heard about before!) I've been in the market for new glasses for about a year now. Mine have definitely seen better days...when Bruno was a puppy he got a hold of them and now there are little puppy teeth indents on the lenses. Big bummer. The good news: Warby Parker will ship you five pairs to try on at your house for free. That's right you read correctly - free. And when you buy a pair they give a pair to someone in need.  You better believe as soon as I get a spare $95 bucks I'm buying some.

As you may or not have read - I got an iPad 2 for my birthday!!! And this app is changing my life. It basically takes a ton of stuff like my facebook, intagram, twitter, different news feeds that I like, different websites that I like (People, Apartment Therapy, Lonely Planet) and puts it all in magazine form. I flip through status updates and celebrity news like I'm reading my favorite magazine. I can spend hours on this app alone. I'm in love.

And the last thing I will say I am love right now is the fact that I will be in Bend, OR in a little over a week. I'll get to see friends that I haven't seen in months and months and I cannot wait! I'll get to drink Backporch Coffee, eat a Marion berry scone from Nancy P's, take a walk (and lots of pictures) in Drake Park and hopefully catch the leaves changing. I'll get to go to Westside Church, see a movie at Mcmenamin's, walk around downtown and the Old Mill district. Oh man, just talking about it now makes me even more excited!

So there you have it. Some of my favorite things...for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment