buttons

Friday, November 11, 2011

Daddy & Daughter


Words cannot express my love for my dad. He and my mom split up when I was eight so they both raised my sister and I as single parents. My dad was/is phenomenal. He learned to do our hair, and take us shopping. He cooked and cleaned and did everything. (Don't get me wrong...my mom was equally as wonderful and heroic. I hit the parental jackpot let me tell you!) He taught us about dating and what to look for in a Godly man. He prayed for my husband and will tell you today, that Eric is absolutely the answer to those prayers.
On the day of the wedding, I'll never forget inviting him up to the room where all the bridesmaids and myself were getting ready... the moment he saw me we both started to cry. He gave me the biggest hug. I confessed that I was scared - marriage is not something that took lightly. He reassured me, and comforted me in a way only a daddy can. I'm so grateful for my dad, and the role that he played in my wedding and Eric coming into my life!  (Are you crying yet dad? I sure am!)










Love you daddy!

1 comment:

  1. *wipes tears* sooooo good linds! Yay Uncle Alon! I'm a mush-face for my dad too!

    ReplyDelete