buttons

Monday, December 5, 2011

Apples, Popcorn, and Cheese


Every year, my dad, stepmom, sister. hubby, and me all decorate the same tree that Jayne and I have had our whole lives. It's a Charlie Brown sort of tree, that has definitely seen better days, but we all love it more and more as the years go by.
I've even got some ornaments on that tree that I made when I was in kindergarten!
Part of that tree tradition is this:

Sliced Apples
 

 Cheddar Cheese

 And popcorn

It probably sounds like an odd combo, but it's actually delicious and something I look forward to all month long. We eat while taking turns putting up the ornaments with Gloria Estefan, Michael McDonald, and Nsync Christmas music playing in the background 
(God bless my dad for including Nsync in his timeless musical taste! If he had it his way they'd be left out.)

Then after the tree is finished and there has been a sufficient amount of "Ooooohing" and "Aaaaaahhhing" we put on this baby right here:


Rudolph! My dad knows all the songs and still laughs at the same parts every year. Our Christmas would not be same without it!

20 more days!

No comments:

Post a Comment