buttons

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Crafty Cathy

  

Ever since Eric, Jayne and I moved into this big house we now call home, I have had a craving for craftiness! (Jayne calls it nesting, but that makes me old so I'm gonna stick with crafty). Now don't get me wrong - I'm not claiming to have thought of this stuff all on my own. I definitely put my own creative spin on most of my projects, but I found a lot of these projects on the web and diy blogs which I will most definitely link so you all can go take a look as well.  

Since today is Valentine's Day, I thought I would post a project with some lovey dovey undertones. 
A few months ago, I remember seeing a collage of embroidery hoop art. Everything I saw was absolutely adorable and I couldn't wait to try it. 
I took a little trip to Hobby Lobby, bought some fabric, some embroidery hoops, some embroidery thread, and few little extra things like that green fringe you'll see on the first hoop. I also had some leftover fabric scraps that I incorporated as well. 
I found a font that I liked online, printed out the words I wanted the hoop to say (which are from a song that Eric and I both love by Edward Sharpe and Magnetic Zeros).
I cut out the words, placed them where I wanted, and started sewing! 

 

The next hoop, is the hoop I had the most fun on. I found a bird cut out online that I loved, printed it, then traced the outline on the page of The Lion, The Witch and Wardrobe -  a book I have multiple copies of. I cut it out and added it to my hoop. I also made some flowers out of felt that I had leftover. 



I'm so pleased with how they turned out and they are now proudly displayed above our bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment