buttons

Monday, February 13, 2012

Toni & Guy

I LOVE SCHOOL. 
I'm the girl that would attempt to cut her hair, specifically her bangs, time after time convinced I was able to do it - just for fun. I would spend a good chunk of time watching hairstyle tutorials on youtube, ask Eric and Jayne if they would let me cut their hair. 
I'm ridiculous. 

During a trip home to Bend back in September, I had several conversations, that I truly believe were divine, leading me to pray about going to cosmetology at the beginning of 2012. As the Lord opened doors, I walked through them. Everything just fell into place, and now I just finished the first week of my sophomore phase. 
I love doing hair. I love learning the systematic ways that Toni & Guy have put into place to get a great cut every time. 
I've just started learning color - and of course I'm loving that too!
My cute friend, Chloe let me color her hair this past Saturday and it turned out lovely. I'll try and get an after picture to post soon. 

Below is some of the work in freshman phase. A good chunk was learning the methodology so there wasn't a whole lot of cutting hair. But there was a little! 


The picture below is of my fellow student, Angella. She asked me to cut her hair using one of the cuts that we learned. The before picture is actually of a previous time that I had styled her hair, but it shows you how much length I actually took off. I was terrified actually cutting her hair, but it turned out really nicely!


Below is the lovely mannequin "Miss Maria". 
On her, I did a french braid starting from the left side going all the way to the right. Then I pinned the length of the braid up to make it look a bit cleaner, 
and well...more milk maid-ish. 

I didn't actually have a plan when I started this style. I just kind of started playing and ended up with this. I french braided the back of her hair all the way up to the crown of the head. Secured it with a hair elastic, then topped it off with a hair bow!

This day we were learning a blowout. These are so much fun to do and they add a ton of volume! You can tell I got a little bored waiting for the hair to set so I threw in a pic of my shears for ya. You're welcome : ).

And last but not least, this is where I go to school every day. 
I'm so grateful for this opportunity and am super exciting to start cutting hair!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment