buttons

Monday, April 23, 2012

This Crazy Life

Turns out, when you're in school full time and working part time, there's not a whole lot of motivation//time//topics to blog. Some days off are spent trying to catch up with family//friends//life and other days I find all I want to do is absolutely nothing. I suppose I just need to embrace this fact instead of feeling guilty for not blogging as much as I feel I should (just how often is that anyways?).  For this year of working super duper hard I suppose random updates on life and maybe a little inspiration here and there will have to do. 

School:
For the first few months I was absolutely loving my time there. All day every day was spent in a classroom learning all kinds of cuts and colors. I couldn't get enough. As you advance through the curriculum, a good chunk of your time at the school is spent on the floor. I have to fill a certain amount of "quotas" which takes up time, but unless I have clients coming in to see me, it's pretty boring. That fact sucks! At this point in time, I'm trying to keep focused on the reason I'm there and be faithful to this school that I know I'm supposed to be at right now. I did download a countdown app a week or so ago that counts down the days until I'm supposed to graduate. Pathetic, I know. 

There it is in the bottom corner. Oh man that's a lot of days!


Work:
I actually really like my job. It is extremely hard, however, to go to work right after school several days a week. That's a 13 hour day my friends. (Sometimes I do wonder what the heck I'm doing!) I get great benefits working for Apple, and the stock options ain't bad, so for now I'm hanging in there.  

Eric's Work:
Eric is getting more work than he knows what to do with. He's ended up hiring other people to help him get some of this stuff done. As exhausting as it is for him, we're so grateful for the work and for the paychecks! 


LindsayJayne:
We're discovering that editing an EP from miles and miles away takes a bit of time! We have the final round of edits, and the next step is getting it mastered. As soon as that's done, we'll throw a big party to celebrate, and then go from there. Jayne and I are learning - slowly - how to balance both of our crazy schedules (she's busier than me if you can believe it!) with our love for music. We need to find the time to practice and write and play gigs. I sure hope finding that time gets easier...


That's the extent of my life right now. I learning to find joy in the moment instead of wishing this year would go by quickly. I'm the kinda girl that can't wait for whatever is next. That's the type of mindset that robs. Who wants to be miserable waiting for the next big thing all the time? Certainly not me! There's good stuff right now, and I just need to learn how to enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment