buttons

Sunday, July 8, 2012

New York!

After six months of pretty much nothing but school and work, I got to go on a little vacation! Hallelujah! 
Eric's brother's family lives in Webster, NY and his family decided they wanted to have a little reunion there with them over the fourth of July. (We hadn't seen them since December!)  
It was nice to catch up, and see upstate New York. 
Here's a little photo recap. (And by little I mean kind of big):

One full day of nothing but this. I do love traveling!

Eric had been craving this place for, not only our entire relationship
(no sandwich could ever compare to Rubino's...), but for 10ish years.
He finally got his fix after a decade of being deprived.
It was pretty delish, I must admit. 

Eric and Josh at Robino's.


Eric's family rented little campsite for us to BBQ and roast smores. We also celebrated Josh turning three!

Roasting mallows. 

Jake helping Uncle Eric build the fire.


Josh pulling his chair right up to mine. 

Took a long walk along this guy. 

Stopped for some pictures of course!

My love and I.

Bill and Sharon.


This is probably my favorite picture from the trip. (Okay, one of them) Jacob in a tunnel at the Eerie Canal giving me his best cowboy pose. 

The entire fam stopping for ice cream. 

This was a frequent occurrence. The only person missing is Bill who was on his phone right there with them. 


On the fourth. We took a pontoon boat onto Lake Ontario.
Ate some delicious BBQ and watched the fireworks over the lake.  

Lake Ontario. And Bill...

Some more Lake Ontario. 

We went to a children's museum for the kids one afternoon.
They had a whole toy section which showed the history of toys dating back to the 50's.
They also had a classic arcade section which we spent a good chunk of time at.
FYI Tron was a hard game to play...I died like a million times. 

Eric did pretty good. He got a top score!

Coffee break of course!

Took a little day trip to Canada to see Niagara Falls. 

In front of the Falls that you can't see...

That's more like it. I really wanted to go on one of these boats,
(all I could think about was Pam and Jim getting married
on The Office and it kinda made me want to go on it more!)
 but it was seriously like 100% humidity there and somewhat miserable.
The falls were breathtaking, but man was it hot. 

From behind the Falls. 

Niagara Falls. 


Man I love vacation! 
Fun was had by all. 
Sad it's over, but happy to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment