buttons

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Soiree!

One of the events that Toni & Guy does each year is called The Soiree. It's an avante garde hair show in which all the students have free reign to create whatever they want hair-wise and really showcase their talent. The theme of this years event was the seven deadly sins. There were seven groups each based on one of those sins. My group was sloth. Each of us had a model and we did their hair and makeup. The show sold out and my model was a hit! I never thought that fantasy or avante garde hair would ever be something I would like, but it's actually so much fun! There are no rules or boundaries, or "correct" ways to do things. If you can imagine it, you can pretty much do it. I worked with an awesome girl, Erika, and together we worked on the queen of the sloths. Here are some pictures from the event courtesy of the amazing Tony Gambino:







Yes, that a giant collar made from hair. And yes, it lights up. 





Our model, Sofia, was absolutely gorgeous inside and out!


Erika and I with Sofia at the end of the event. 


I've got another fantasy show coming up in just a few weeks. It's a competition between some of the local salons around Albuquerque and...us, a school! I'm super excited/nervous/asking myself what in the world I've gotten myself into...but it's good. And it's gonna be a blast. Nick Arrojo from What Not to Wear will be there (which makes me even more nervous!) but I'm excited to learn from more experienced hair dressers and to have fun doing it!

1 comment:

  1. Nick Arrojo?!?!?! How awesome is that! Loved the hair! Hope to see the pictures of the next show too.
    KP

    ReplyDelete