buttons

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Books on a String


DIY time!
6 or 7 months ago, I was reading one of my favorite blogs written by Chelsea Petaja. The post that day was about her friend's baby nursery. The decor was absolutely adorable, and one of the projects she had done for the nursery caught my eye. 
She had bought some cheap paperback books, folded them various ways and either hung them from the ceiling, or placed them on shelves. 
I went to my nearest thrift store, bought six paperback books and got folding!
You definitely need some patience for this project. It took me a little while to fold all of the pages in all of those books, but the results were well worth it!


I had some twine laying around from a previous project. I hot glued the twine to the spine of each book, and then hung them in our music room. 

 


I love them so much, I should actually make a few more for other rooms in the house!

1 comment:

  1. Love. You need to post step by step photos so we can do it to! Looks like a good mommy-aubrey project. :)

    ReplyDelete